Thursday, September 4, 2014

Tomboy Notes: CLI Interface Overview

Yesterday while I was in the fitness center exercising, I was looking at this show that they had on called celebrity wife swap. One of the couples on the show had a well-defined schedule that listed things to do throughout the day on the refrigerator. It made me think about how I should somewhat incorporate how this couple created a schedule of the times they do things. In this case, I definitely wanted to use the way they handle their schedule with how I want to learn C#. So today, I hope that I sit down and write out a C# schedule for learning and display my schedule on my wall possibly in my bedroom.

Working a bug from Bugzilla Gnome
There are at least four or five bugs that have been assigned to me to attempt to work on.  One of the bugs that I am working on from tomboy notes will be about CLI Interface to start sync.

CLI interface to start sync
Here is the issue
  • A lot of notes are written at home
  • Attempting to access Tomboy Notes from work
  • Use ssh into homebox and read through xml files into text-editor


Recommendations
  • Command-line interface to initiate the sync.
  • Then I can ssh to home, run the sync command from the shell, and then have everything in sync.
  • Initiate sync from a shell script.
  • Sync a backup of my notes to a remote server and the script already sets up everything (encFS etc) but I still have to initiate the sync manually. So bug #562097


Notes
Since I am new to understanding C# and its language, I have to research what this means. For starters,  I will research the following:
  • What is CLI?
  • What is ssh?
  • How to sync from a shell script.

No comments:

Post a Comment