Thursday, September 11, 2014

Progress: C# and Javascript

Recently I have been studying C# and gotten off to a slow start. Currently I am in chapter two where they speak about commenting. I have completed reading the chapter and now working on the exercises to understand the full-meaning of them.

Also, JavaScript has started to occupy my mind as I am studying that as well. About two weeks or so ago, I went to a JavaScript meet-up group and they mentioned some of the resources to use when learning the language. One of the resources I found to be good is Mozilla Development Network that has a list of other programming languages that can be learned but I am focusing on JavaScript this time. Here are few other resources I found to be of great use for me as a beginner and free.
  • W3 Schools
  • Udemy
  • Virtual University
  • W3 Resource (practice exercises for basic, intermediate, and advanced)
    Today’s goal is to work on the following which seem to be a lot

  • Study JavaScript from Mozilla Development Network(Values, variables, and literals)
  • Re-practice the exercises from W3 Resource  for JavaScript
  • Practice C# exercises from http://www.worldbestlearningcenter.com/index_files/csharp-operators-exercises.htm
  • Work on two projects which are Tomboy Notes and another project that involves WordPress.  I have worked on building this WordPress site before and have plans to rebuild the site again with something new and different.  I wonder if I can include some functionality of JavaScript into WordPress this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment