Friday, August 22, 2014

Xamarin Hello World experience part 1

For the last couple of days, I have found myself looking into mobile programming. Since I have an Android mobile phone, I am sticking with that to work on. I am hoping in the future, I can learn iOS and Windows as well. From my experience so far, I have navigated to the Xamarin website and selected the Developers section to understand Xamarin development.  After reading the setup and installation process, I went on over and selected the Android section. It is true, that it does take some of understanding of the code especially C# which I plan to go back and understand what I  did. On their website, there is a section that gives you a tutorial on how to create a Hello World Android with the mobile phone.
 
Here are my outcomes:
  • For step 20, I did not see the AndroidManifest.xml under Properties which I need to find out what happened.
  • I decided to proceed to step 21 and build and run the application. After running the application, I received an error which was "'Resource' does not exist in the current context" . I could not understand why I was receiving the error message as I was following the exact instructions. I went out to the website and found out that when Building the application that the properties in Resource.Designer.cs and Activity1.cs is set to Compile. I changed it to None and I was able to Build the application.
On the next round I would like to found out what happen to the AndroidManifest.xml and finish with the remaining steps for the Hello World portion.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The Article on Xamarin Hello World experience is Awesome.It give more significant information on Xamarin and future.Thank you Sharing the Knowledge article with us.Xamarin Consultant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Visit here for Penetration testing services and Software testing services

    ReplyDelete