Monday, August 18, 2014

Learning Programming

 
I truly wanted to chronicle the process that I am going through with learning programming and hopefully help those who have an interest in learning programming. I have taken classes on programming before but if you have not used it, you will definitely lose it and that is what has happened to me. There are so many programming languages to choose from which kind of left me in a state of not knowing which one to choose. One of the languages I have learned in the past is C#. I have read a couple of  C# books but this time around I want to do something different . I want to re-learn C# so that I can impart to teach it or find work.
There are lots of free resources online for C# but this time I decided that I want to start with taking Intro to C# with Udemy. The course has about 37 video modules to view. So far I have reviewed 10 modules and have learned where to find information about C# which can be found at MSDN which I need to check out.
 
I have found that signing up for several meetups in your area actually helps and that is what I have done. I have signed up JavaScript study group, mobile developers using C#, and Java study group. I think understanding JavaScript will also help as well. I have not been to the Java study group meetup yet but I think it might be worth taking a look at it as it might have similar syntax as C#.
Throughout my programming journey, I would like to attend events and write book reviews that relate to programming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment